Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween, or is it?

FACT: I do not like Halloween.  There, I said it.  To be honest, it's probably the number one holiday of the year I could do without.  Bring on the Thanksgiving Turkey, Christmas time with the carols, even Memorial Day and Labor Day get my love, but it just is not happening with Halloween.  Maybe it's the fact that I absolutely HATE scary movies and I hate when people jump out to scare me.  I think it is so rude and just mean!

It might have started in college, where everyone got into comedic, sexy, ironic costumes when I probably wanted to join them on the festivities, however, I always ended up with an exam, midterm, some project due the day or coming days after Halloween.  Just a dedicated Math nerd. And honestly who wants to go out with limited clothes on when it's pretty cold out??  I'd rather be nice in warm in a sweater and jeans thankyouverymuch.

Still after graduation the dislike continues.  I don't feel the urge to dress up tonight, but me and the fiance DID go to a Halloween party this weekend where we were VERY decked out.  However it was more a beer tasting good food party, much more my speed, and I wore my regular clothes, just dresss up with some facepaint!  Hello not being cold!!

boo!
 
I'll be at home tonight handing out candy to the kiddos in my jeans and sweater NOT scaring the babies.  Fiance will be helping out with his sister and brother in laws haunted house(apparently it's optional, you can still do the traditional route of knocking at the door and get candy that way)

I found this video on breaking the stigma of women(and their costumes) but it stops before slut-shaming(which I'm typically very guilty of).


I sound like a brat, but just bring on my birthday and Turkey day! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment